Top 5 beaches
Discover Cuba's most magnifi-
Explore Cuba's diverse and fascinating history
Spacious courses for golfers to improve their swing.
Cycling tours of Cuba - 14 Nights
A fourteen night cycling tour of Cuba, from Havana to Capitolio.
Departing on the following dates: 21st Aug 2011, 18th Sep 2011, 9th Oct 2011, 13th Nov 2011, 18th Dec 2011, 15th Jan 2012, 5th Feb 2012, 19th Feb 2012, 4th Mar 2012, 1st Apr 2012, 13th May 2012, 10th Jun 2012, 1st July 2012, 22nd July 2012, 19th Aug 2012, 16th Sep 2012, 7th Oct 12.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Havana
- We will meet and greet you on arrival at Havana Airport. Transfer from Havana Airport to our hotel in the old part of Havana, where you will spend the first two nights of your Cuba trip. Accommodation is in the hotel Park View or similar.
- Day 2 - Havana
- In the morning we will have a guided walking tour of Havana. We will visit the Malecon and many other interesting sights in the Habana Vieja quarter. In the afternoon we shall visit a cultural project inside the Casa del Tango and will participate in a little fiesta. Accommodation is in the hotel Park View or Similar.
- Day 3 - Havana - Vinales
- Next day we set off to Vinales during our tour, we will take a straight route to Puente del Mariel (25 km). After lunch, the trip will continue towards Vinales. The ride will take us down narrow roads through the valley, where you will be able to admire the uniqueness of the surrounding landscape. After approximately 10 km drive, we arrive at our hotel, which is situated in a picturesque Mogote valley. Accommodation at the hotel Rancho San Vicente or similar.
- Day 4 - Vinales - Puerto Esperanza
- Today's tour heads for Puerto Esperanza. We will set off by taking the same route to Vinales. During the whole tour, plenty of scenery and greenery of the beautiful Cuban countryside will surround us. From time to time we pass little villages, one of which, San Cayetano, is especially remarkable & historical. Continuing our journey, at noon we arrive at Puerto Esperanza, situated directly at the sea. The city bridge was very important during 1800s: during these times all the gold that was mined in this region was taken across the bridge. Gold digging and trading boomed and it is because of this that Cuba s second train line leads to Puerto Esperanza. Nowadays production of tobacco and fishing are the main industries of the village. Here we shall lunch together at a cosy restaurant. Your afternoon is free. Either you can relax after the first stage of your trip, or you can discover the town on foot. Overnight stay at the hotel Villa Puerto Esperanza or similar.
- Day 5 - Comunidades - Puerto Esperanza
- In the morning we get back on our bikes and follow a little path which leads us through beautiful landscapes and to Comunidades (communes) which developed after the revolution (approx. 10-15 km). It is a must to stop at fincas where some of the best tobacco in the world is produced. We get to meet some locals who plough the tobacco fields daily as well as women who select tobacco leaves according to their quality. En route we refuel ourselves at a selected restaurant. We spend the night again at the hotel Villa Puerta Esperanza or similar.
- Day 6 - Puerto Esperanza - Cienfuegos
- Today s ride takes us to Cienfuegos, where we should arrive at our hotel by noon. After lunch we explore the charming town by bike. It is a clean and peaceful place that has unique and interesting architecture influenced by French colonial era Cienfuegos also has a small Malecon very similar to Havana. Accommodation at the hotel Jagua or similar.
- Day 7 - Cienfuegos - Trinidad
- Nexy day we continue on to Trinidad we cycle at the foot of the mountains of the Sierra del Escambray. There are several inclinations that can be managed well by every cyclist and the rewards are certainly worth it, you will be greeted by views over fantastic vegetation. After the day s ride we can admire the beauty of the buildings surrounding the Plaza Major in Trinidad Town. Later, we shall return to our hotel where you can spend the evening at your own leisure. Accommodation at the Finca Maria Dolores or similar.
- Day 8 - Trinidad
- During a walk tour through Trinidad we will hear many interesting stories about the Golden Age of the sugar boom and its benefits for the city. Spend the rest of the day as you wish. It is worthwhile to take a taxi or even cycle to Playa Ancon, where you can relax, swim or go snorkeling on this beautiful Caribbean beach. You are accommodated once again at the Finca Maria Dolores or similar.
- Day 9 - Trinidad
- Day 9 of our tour is free of activities so you can plan it as you wish. We recommend an excursion to Valle de los Ingenios. The fertile plateau with its surrounding hills of the Sierra del Escambray owes its name to the sugar mills (ingenios) built at the beginning of the 19th century. There is a little railway leading to Manaca Iznaga, Which was originally used to watch the slaves while they worked in the sugarcane fields. Also, you will be able to notice the social structures built during the boom of the sugar industry. Overnight stay at the hotel Finca Maria Dolores or similar.
- Day 10 - Santa Clara
- Today's destination is Santa Clara. But first, our ride takes us through a charming mountain landscape with woods of pines, eucalyptus and broad leafed trees. The cycling paths are a bit stony and steep at times but are definitely manageable by all. We will take a break in the town of Topes de Collantes (800m above sea level) which is renowned for its extra clean air and its sanatorium. In the afternoon the tour continues to Santa Clara through a fascinating landscape. Accommodation at hotel La Granjita.
- Day 11 - Santa Clara - Varadero
- Our cycling trip continues to Varadero situated on the peninsula of Hicacos. Here you can find Cuba s longest and most popular beach Varadero is renowned for its crystal clear waters. It is no surprise that it is called Playa Azul. Accommodation at Villa Tortuga.
- Day 12 - Varadero
- Today there is no bike tour on our itinerary. You can either choose a quiet beach area to relax, or you go for a walk to explore Varadero and its varied restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping malls. Varadero also has a lovely little town which is worth a visit. Accommodation at Villa Tortuga.
- Day 13 - Varadero - Matanzas - Havana
- Our first stop is the Matanzas province - an important centre of Cuban industry zone, especially sugar exports. After a short break we continue our journey to the river Yumuri and further on, travelling through nature, we reach Havana. Accommodation in the City Hotel.
- Day 14 - Havana
- Day 14 will be the end of your tour, you will have a overnight accommodation in Park View or Similar.
- Day 15 - Departure from Havana
- Transfer will be arranged to take you back to Havana Airport for your return flight.