Top 5 beaches
Discover Cuba's most magnifi-
Explore Cuba's diverse and fascinating history
Spacious courses for golfers to improve their swing.
Cycling tours of Cuba - 7 Nights
A seven night cycling tour of Cuba, from Havana to Capitolio.
This tour has the guaranteed departures on the following dates: 17th Jul 2011, 04th and 28th Aug 2011, 16th Oct 2011, 20th Nov 2011, 25th Dec 2011, 8th Jan 2012, 29th Jan 2012, 12th Feb 2012, 11th Mar 2012, 1th Apr 2012, 20th May 2012, 17th June 2012, 15th July 2012, 5th Aug 2012, 26th Aug 2012, 14th Oct 2012.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Havana
- On arrival transfer from Jose Marti Havana International Airport to Hotel Deauville, located directly at the Malecon, which is the waterfront of Havana. We recommend going for a walk along the Malecon in the evening, where you will find locals meeting for chats and playing music. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
- Day 2 - Havana - Pinar del Rio
- After breakfast we ll take you to Pinar del Rio, the famous tobacco region in western Cuba. Pinar del Rio is quiet and cosy when compared to Havana, where nothing sits still. Once there, we will visit a tobacco factory and go on a tour of the town. We will also visit a distillery where guyabita is produced, a site which is a must-see! Afterwards we will make our way to Hotel Dos Hermanas, where a delicious lunch meal will be awaiting us. After lunch and a short rest we will prepare our bikes for the day s bike tour. The afternoon s ride will take us to Vinales Valley. Here, the legendary tobacco is grown among the crags and rocks of the steep cliffs. In the evening we will return to our Hotel Dos Hermanas, where will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Day 3 - Vinales
- Our journey today is to Cayo Jutias. After breakfast we will set off on a 55km ride, enjoying the breathtaking views of the Sierra de Organos, which lies in the North West. The picturesque beach of Cayo Jutias is situated on a little island connected to the mainland by a man-made causeway. Once there, we can have lunch on the beach, hire a boat or have a swim in the beautiful sea and then after that, either take the bus or cycle back to Vinales to the Hotel Rancho San Vicente, where we ll be having dinner and spending the night.
- Day 4 - Vinales - Ancon Valley
- On today's ride we ll take the Jagua Vieja Road to Palma at Ancon Valley - a 30 km tour of quaint landscapes and untouched valleys. En route there is the possibility of visiting the country lodge where Fidel Castro held secret reunions during the Cuban Revolution. We will have a picnic lunch in the lush valley and then be taken to our next destination: Hotel Aguas Claras, nestling in idyllic surroundings which are perfect for a short hike or walk. This is where we will have dinner and spend the night.
- Day 5 - Soroa
- After breakfast we will be taken to Cueva de los Portales. This beautiful area was the hide out that Che Guevera used during the '62 standoff with Kennedy and this will be the site for our picnic, after which we will visit the caves. After this, we will start the day s bike ride to Soroa over the Carretera Central. In Soroa, we recommend paying the famous orchid gardens a visit. Dinner time will see us at the hotel Villa Soroa, where we will also spend the night.
- Day 6 - Las Terrazas
- This morning, following breakfast, we leave for Las Terrazas. Today s trip is only 20km long. The community we will visit can be found in Sierra del Rosario, a UNESCO protected rural area of sustainable development. The river San Juan and its little waterfall flow through the thick forest, where one can see little lakes, ruins and coffee plantations from the 19th century and sulphurous sources. The most well known is Las Terrazas. The name comes from overgrown terraced fields which are typical of this region. The 900 inhabitants of this community live off the timber industry and eco tourism. En route we will have a little picnic lunch. Dinner will be taken at a farmhouse. Accommodation in Hotel el Moka.
- Day 7 - Habana Vieja
- In the morning we return to Havana. Our guide will take us for a city sightseeing tour on which you can get your last few lasting impressions of the old city of Havana and the Spanish-Andalusian architecture, framed by the tropical sun and lush vegetation, which is characteristic of Habana Vieja. Dinner and overnight in Hotel Park View.
- Day 8 - Departure from Havana
- Today is the day of departure. After breakfast you have the opportunity to explore Havana on your own before the transfer takes you to the airport or your next accommodation in Havana.
- 7 overnights including breakfast
- 4 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Multilingual qualified tour guide
- Accompanying Mini-Van
- Meals as per program
- Entrance fees on excursions
- All described excursions
- If a hotel mentioned in the itinerary is not available we reserve the right to book another accommodation of equivalent standard.
- Bike rental is not included and costs £50.00 for the whole tour period