- Bars & Restaurants
- Well established popular family-friendly hotel welcoming guests from all over the world
- Excellent location in the middle of the Varadero peninsula directly on the beach
- Diverse range of cuisines in the six speciality restaurants
- Large choice of one and two-bedroom bungalows located in the picturesque gardens of the hotel
The Sol Palmeras is an established hotel in Varadero and has remained popular for many years. With a wide choice of rooms and speciality restaurants, this hotel is a great choice for everyone, and especially families. The bungalows are a unique feature of the hotel and are very popular with our clients
One of the more established hotels in Varadero and inaugurated by Fidel Castro himself, the Sol Palmeras is certainly a family-friendly value favourite of the Captivating Cuba team. The hotel benefits from a very privileged position directly on the fine white Varadero sands and is close to the downtown area, Plaza America shopping centre and the 18-hole Varadero golf course.
The hotel wraps around around a large, stylish swimming pool and is fringed by mature well-tended gardens adorned by large palms. These provide some wonderful peaceful shaded areas where hammocks can be found, perfect for an afternoon snooze.
The hotel offers a large number of cosy bungalows, to allow for a cosy, private and more independent stay. There are both one and two-bedroom bungalows available including some dedicated to families.
With a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, lots of repeat guests and plenty to do, the Sol Palmeras maintains its long-standing popularity in Varadero.
Sol Palmeras Location
Images of the Sol Palmeras
The Hotel offers:
- Thatched seafood and fish restaurant
- 24-hour piano bar
- Popular lobby bar open until midnight
- Snack bar located in the hotel gardens
- Pool snack bar
- Beach bar with Cuban snacks and drinks
- Health bar with a range of fruit juices
- Ice cream parlour
- Late night fun pub/disco
- Mexican style a la carte seafood restaurant
- Italian laid back style a la carte restaurant
- Unique and ornately decorated Chinese restaurant
- Rustic style steak house located close to the swimming pool
- International style buffet offering a wide choice of dishes with some show cooking and themed evenings
Sol Palmeras Restaurant & Bars
The 324 Standard Rooms are comfortable and functional with colourful décor, and offer air conditioning, balcony or terrace, private bathroom, satellite television, coffee maker and fridge with water provided.
Superior Rooms are located on higher floors and offer enhanced views across the hotel gardens to the ocean, and mini-bar stocked daily with water, soft drinks and beer
Junior Suites offer a separate living/dining area with a pull-out sofa bed, larger terrace and mini bar stocked with water
Suites are larger and enjoy a more spacious living/dining area and enhanced furniture
One Bedroom Bungalow
One Bedroom bungalows are elegantly furnished and offer a more private stay. The bungalows include a living/dining room, coffee maker and enhanced furniture on the terrace/ balcony
Suite Bungalows are perfect for couples, offering a king size bed, large lounge/ dining area, full bathroom with upgraded amenities and a big terrace with enhanced furniture and outdoor shower
Family Bungalows offer a large 83 m 2 of space, have 2 full bedrooms with a king size bed in the master bedroom and twin beds in the second room, separate lounge/dining room and small kitchenette. Totally private and perfect for families
The Hotel offers:
- Large outdoor swimming pool and children's pool
- Beauty salon with massage service (local charge)
- Souvenir shops, market stalls and boutiques
- Non-motorised water sports including snorkelling and catamarans
- Extensive daytime and evening activities programme including themed days, Spanish classes, dancing classes, and beach nights
- Comprehensive and varied entertainment programme through the day and evening including a theatre with live shows, fashion shows, and art exhibitions
Families and Children
- Mini golf
- Mini disco
- Children's recreation room
- Rooms dedicated to families and children
- Children's and teenagers supervised mini-clubs
- Daily programme of activities for children and teenagers
Sol Palmeras Facilities
Alternative Accommodation in Varadero
Our favourites are selected by us due to overall quality, hospitality, authenticity, location and also their consistently good customer feedback.
A selection of the many hotels that we can book
The Casa Particular Experience
Highly recommended and extremely popular, Casas Particulares (often referred to as ‘Casas’) are fully-licensed private bed and breakfast accommodation, with many offering a more boutique hotel-style stay.