A Taste of Colonial Cuba
A three-night tour departing from Cayo Coco, visiting some of Cuba’s most famous colonial and historical cities and spectacular countryside, along with a variety of carefully chosen visits en-route. This tour offers you the chance to enjoy all the major sights of this vibrant and diverse area of Cuba, and also allow some independence to explore on your own or relax and choose your own activities and dining options at times.
- Spend 2 nights enjoying the amazing UNESCO preserved museum city of Trinidad with an abundance of authentic bars, restaurants and live music venues
- Visit spectacular El Nicho National Park with waterfalls and pools large enough for a cooling swim
- Overnight in the charming French influenced Colonial city of Cienfuegos, situated on a large bay
- Visit Santa Clara, the final resting place of the revolutionary hero Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
- 3 Nights / 4 Days
- We use a mixture of very well located, good quality casas particulares and hotels.
- On the last day, it is possible for us to transfer customers to the beaches of Cayo Santa Maria, Cayo Coco, Cayo Guillermo, Varadero, Jibacoa or further afield a for a few days relaxing on the beach, or alternatively back to Havana or elsewhere for more exploration time.
Private Tour Available
A Taste of Colonial Cuba Itinerary Highlights
Day 1 | Sancti Spiritus & Trinidad
The tour will start with a short stop at the picturesque colonial town of Sancti Spiritus, one of the only towns in Cuba with a river running through. Enjoy a guided tour of this typical Cuban town before continuing on to the amazing UNESCO World Heritage city of Trinidad, one of the highlights of any visit to Cuba.
Day 2 | Trinidad
Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the centre of Trinidad including a visit to the History Museum focusing on life in Cuba in the 1800s. Sample the unique Trinidad rum and sugar cane cocktail at La Canchanchara, an old house dating back to the 18th Century.
Relax in the city or visit the nearby Caribbean beach of Playa Ancon in the afternoon.
It is the final evening in Trinidad, and dancing to local live music is a must. Visit one of Trinidad’s growing number of bars and listen to excellent live music.
Day 3 | El Nicho & Cienfuegos
Visit El Nicho National Park, a marvel of nature with dozens of waterfalls and natural pools in an area virtually untouched, hidden among the mountains and one of the most beautiful spots in Cuba. A paradise which combines the green of the vegetation, rivers, the Black Creek waterfalls, where water plunges more than 30 meters. Swim in the cool natural pools before a rustic lunch is served in a restaurant in the national park. During the tour, you can walk up through numerous walking paths with, a gentle hiking trail of 2 km (1.2 miles).
Continuing after El Nicho to the French influenced small colonial city of Cienfuegos, which sits overlooking a picturesque bay. En route there will be a tour of the famous Botanical Gardens, one of the largest in the Americas with an abundance species of plant from tropical regions.
Day 4 | Santa Clara
Stroll through the picturesque colonial centre and along the seafront ‘malecon’ promenade to Punta Gorda, with amazing views across the bay.
After a tour of Cienfuegos continue to Santa Clara, a city of major historical significance and the final resting place of Che Guevara where on arrival there will be a panoramic tour. This revolutionary and vibrant city offers a unique insight into life in Cuba. Visit ‘Tren Blindado’ the train that was attacked by Che Guevara and the turning point in the Cuban Revolution, as well as the final resting place of Che Guevara at the very symbolic Che Mausoleum.